It was actually a REALLY good thing I challenged myself with cleaning off our piano yesterday because it gave me accountability to actually get it done today! I almost ran out of time, but I crammed it in right before taking my son to gymnastics. That’s the best part actually, committing to one small area a day so that I can get things accomplished!
I’m pretty embarrassed about what the top of my piano actually looked like. It’s just one of those things that is out of the way and I never get to! I ended up with an entire grocery bag of things I was able to put in the trash, which seemed quite ridiculous to me that I was ultimately storing trash up there, but it’s gone now! I also made sure that all the things up there that I needed to keep, were actually put away where they needed to be because I want everything to have a place so we don’t end up in the same predicament!
So…here it is!
I know, it was a crazy mess! But I’m thankful I got it back to where I need it to be. Plus now I can see my Precious Moments figurines my grandmother got me when I was younger which I’m very thankful to have. I also have 2 dried roses on there that each were from my grandparents funeral that I have kept as well.
Plus while I was dusting frames off, with my Young Living Thieves cleaner since I use that for EVERYTHING, I enjoyed looking at our wedding photos I have up on the piano.
Our 10 year anniversary is coming up soon!
So, now to figure out what to tackle tomorrow…I’m giving myself 2 options. Either the refridgerator or the hall closet. Both are about equal in difficulty! Until tomorrow my friends…
There are so many fun and interesting ways that we use Tea Tree Essential oil in our home, that I thought I would share my top 10 list with you! Tea Tree Oil is one of the best selling essential oils of all time, and is pretty famous for being gentle on your skin. I find it quite practical and useful, like many other essential oils as well. Here’s how we use it:
10 Uses for Tea Tree Oil
- Give Deodorant an Extra Punch ~ If you make your own homemade deodorant, adding a little Tea Tree oil gives it some extra aweseomeness for your skin!
- Support Aging Skin ~ Just give a little dab to yourself where you feel you need some support to assist in beautiful aging skin.
- Add to Your Shampoo! ~ Do you make your own shampoo? Or go for an all natural sulfate free version? I love to accelerate mine by adding tea tree oil to it to support a healthy scalp!
- Diffuse with Lemon ~ Oh I saw this tip on a blog somewhere to add about 10 drops to any diffuser with Lemon and you have a wonderful purifying scent that is great all year round support!
- Add to a Neti Pot ~ A good friend of mine told me to give it a go in my Neti Pot when I was having some congestion issues. 5 drops of Tea Tree with 8 tablespoons neti pot salt that I mixed in a small jar. Then it was ready for me when needed to add to my Neti Pot as much salts as called for.
- Cleanse the Skin ~ I like to dab a little bit of Tea Tree oil on a blemish, the cleansing properties get rid of that unsightly sucker in no time.
- Support Healthy Skin ~ Tea Tree goes quite well with coconut oil, especially when tending to sensitive bottoms.
- Support the Immune System ~ Diffuse Tea Tree to cleanse and purify the air and support your immune system.
- Power Up Your Body Wash ~ Have you ever had a not-so-clean feeling on your skin, even right after a shower? Add a few drops of Tea Tree to your body wash and WHA-LAH! It cleanses like nothing else I’ve seen.
- Add it to Your Lotion ~ You’ve caught on by now that Tea Tree is GREAT for the skin! Just one more place to get some extra bang for your buck.
Got more questions? Feel free to contact me and I would love to help support you on your journey with oils. You can also check out my website at www.getoiling.com/wellnessmomma
What’s your favorite way to use Tea Tree oil? Are you going to try something new? Let me know!
Fellow blogger? Like and comment here and I will check out your blog too! #bloggersunite
About a year ago I fell in love with a new essential oil…Jade Lemon! I got it last summer because I wanted to try it in my water to see if it would help me drink more and get all the daily ounces I needed. I never really though twice about the name, just figured it was a different lemon than the regular one we find in the grocery store. I mean, there are different kinds of apples and oranges, so I figured the same went for lemons? Well, one day in my research on oils, I actually discovered that these were actually green lemons! I thought that was pretty cool, so I dug deeper.
Jade Lemon has a great history. In the mountains of Taiwan grows a small tree that produces small, green lemons; it is known as “mountain lemon”. The Mountain Lemon tree is very hardy in higher elevations where it enjoys cooler weather and daily cloud mists. However, the Mountain Lemon fruit is small. A scientist from Taiwan grafted branches from the
common Citrus limon tree onto Mountain Lemon root stock to create Jade Lemon trees. Jade Lemon trees can withstand the cool mountain weather, yet produce large green fruit when ripe. So now they can be grown in many locations with moist, mild climates in Taiwan and China.
Now to get the amazing oil that I love so much, Jade Lemons are picked, thoroughly washed, then micronized into a puree to release the essential oil. The aroma of Jade Lemon essential oil will remind you of a blend of lemon and lime essential oils. I really enjoy this in my water in the mornings, I find it invigorating! My littles seem to want more drinks of Momma’s water when I have jade lemon in it. It’s definitely one I’d love for everyone to try! What helps you get all your water in a day?
Want some Jade Lemon for yourself? Contact me and I’ll tell you how to get some.
Want to learn more about Young Living Essential Oils? Please check out my Wellness Momma Website!
In the past few days my younger 2 children, ages 5 and 2, have been working on fighting some summer bug that’s gotten ahold of them. The first sign was a fever hit our 2 year old hard and fast and spiked up to 104. Being an essential oil momma for nearly 2 years now, I went right to my oily cabinet and set out to put something together to assist my son’s immune system in fighting this bug!
The big realization to me that day was… “This used to be so new, scarey, and intimidating!” (using essential oils) “Now it has become second nature to me!” I just looked through what I had on hand and used the knowledge that I have compiled over the last couple years to blend together something I knew would assist his little body in overcoming whatever was trying to take him down. My kiddos love the oils. I think they truly know that they help them! Using these oils, getting some rest, and being sure they are drinking water is really helping them through! Plus, it’s building their immune systems to have the ability to be stronger.
I just put some drops of each oil in the re-used lavender bottle that I covered with colorful tape, then add carrier to dilute it for my kiddos. There’s a picture of my youngest showing you his “all better” oil. 🙂
If you want to learn more about the oils, visit my website www.transformingdrops.myoilsite.com and contact me with any questions you have.
I’m a little embarrassed that my bathtub was this bad, BUT, it gave me a great excuse to use this recipe! Take 1cup of baking soda, 5 drops lemon oil, 5 drops thieves oil, and 1 capful of thieves cleaner. Mix together. You can add a little bit of water or a little more cleaner if you need to. You want it to make a paste. Grab a scrub brush and spread it on. Let it set on the surface for 2-3 minutes, then scrub away! I was amazed how well this worked…no bleach or other harsh chemicals were needed! Plus I love the smell of Thieves Cleaner! Results like this make me love the Young Living Lifestyle even more.