I guess I’ve been on a DIY kick lately, but I really just want to show all of you how easy it is to incorporate Essential Oils into your life and reap all the benefits from their therapeutic qualities!
Today I want to share with you these EASY and CHEAP shower stones. ANYONE can make these, even people who don’t like to DIY!
These cute little things have quite a few uses in our home!
- We use them with 1-2 drops of purification and throw them in the washer to help with mildewed towels or clothes, totally takes the stink right out.
- I put 2-3 drops of jade lemon on it and place it in the bottom of the shower for an awakening aroma.
- I have one in a decorative sachet with 2 drops of lavender in my lingerie drawer too!
- 10 drops Citrus Fresh on one placed in your car makes a great air freshener.
- For stuffy sinuses place a few drops of Eucalyptus and Lavender on it, and place on the floor of a hot shower, inhale deeply and enjoy some relief!
Now, I bet you’re wondering how to make these!
- Mix 1 box of baking soda and a ½ cup of water in a bowl with a whisk.
- Scoop out small amounts and place in a silicon baking mold filling about 2/3rds of the way full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. (or until moisture has baked out)
- Allow them to cool completely before unmolding.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use!
Simple, easy, and CHEAP!
Want to learn more about Essential Oils? Visit my website at http://www.transformingdrops.myoilsite.com
***Like and Follow my blog and I will follow yours in return!***
So…we had a few housekeeping issues today that I was able to take care of with a few drops of Young Living Lemon Oil. This is an AWESOME way to take care of things in your home without having to use toxic cleaners and chemicals. Plus it’s easy! And everyone likes easy, right?
My littlest had gotten ahold of my middle child’s dry erase workbook and had scribbled all over every page! I don’t know when he did this, but it was long enough ago that it wouldn’t wipe off. I even tried a wet paper towel and it made no difference. Then I added 1 drop of lemon oil and it totally came clean with very little elbow grease of my own added! I just wiped it down again with a clean paper towel and WHA-LAH! Ready to be used again!
Then there was this foam sticker, stuck on the floor for ages. (Well about mother’s day I think) It was a foam heart sticker that somehow didn’t stick to my child’s project, but was practically glued onto my kitchen floor! I just dropped a couple drops of lemon oil, let it sit for a minute and scrubbed it off! All gone and I didn’t have to use any of those chemical cleaners!
Want to learn more about amazing oils? Check out my website http://www.transformingdrops.myoilsite.com Or just send me a message! I love sharing with others how ditching harsh chemicals has been amazing for our family’s health and well being!
Stated simply…I have a dog and 3 small children, so this stuff is amazing in our happy little home!
It is a simple recipe for those who are just starting out or who want to do something quick and fulfill that DIY bug we all get from time to time. 🙂
Fill a mason jar ½ way with baking soda. Add 8 drops of essential oil of your choice add lid and shake. Open back up, fill the jar most of the rest of the way with baking soda and then 8 more drops of essential oil. Shake again to distribute the oils. Sprinkle all over carpet lightly, then vacuum. It smells heavenly!
I change up what oils I use with whatever mood I’m in the day I make it…OR sometimes stinky, wet dog makes me change up which oils I add to freshen things up.
What would be your favorite oils to add to your happy home?
Fellow blogger? Give my blog a like and a follow and I will follow yours in return! Sharing with others has become my new passion. 🙂
I’m a little embarrassed that my bathtub was this bad, BUT, it gave me a great excuse to use this recipe! Take 1cup of baking soda, 5 drops lemon oil, 5 drops thieves oil, and 1 capful of thieves cleaner. Mix together. You can add a little bit of water or a little more cleaner if you need to. You want it to make a paste. Grab a scrub brush and spread it on. Let it set on the surface for 2-3 minutes, then scrub away! I was amazed how well this worked…no bleach or other harsh chemicals were needed! Plus I love the smell of Thieves Cleaner! Results like this make me love the Young Living Lifestyle even more.